Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thursday 4th November

In the morning, we travel to Jimbaran south of Sanur to visit another shoemaker for one more boot design. At 1200 we take a long drive up the mountain to Ubud, home to many different craftsman in the art district of Bali. I meet one of my leather bag makers who has been in the industry for over 20 years now. I was very pleased with the work he had done for me in the past. Just before it starts raining again, we arrive at Warung Muri’s to feast on their famous Nasi Campur with an amazing view of the gully and riverbank. Later that evening, we were invited by friends to see the amazing Les Nubians at Word of Mouth in Seminyak where I met the beautiful CĂ©lia Faussart, one half of the duo. It was definitely a treat to catch them live and end the day with such positive music.

photos courtesy of Richard Olsen























No comments:

Post a Comment